Structural concrete is engineered to provide structural stability and support for a wide range of construction projects we manage. It’s specifically designed to be strong, durable, and resistant to environmental factors. We also reinforce it with steel bars or fibers to increase its strength and support heavy loads.
Some of the projects we use structural concrete for include:
- Foundations: Since foundations support the weight of a building, a solid and stable foundation is essential for safety and longevity. We use this material to make sure building foundations can withstand a wide range of loads and environmental factors.
- Walls and Columns: Another common project we use structural concrete for is building walls and columns as they provide support to buildings by distributing the weight of the structure evenly across the foundation. We reinforce them with steel bars or fibers and usually design them to withstand harsh environmental conditions, such as tornadoes and earthquakes.
- Bridges: Because bridges need to support countless vehicles and pedestrians, structural concrete is ideal for this kind of project. It’s our go-to material in bridge construction because of its strength, durability, and ability to withstand brutal weather.
- Dams and Retaining Walls: We also use structural concrete is to build dams and retaining walls. These structures need to withstand the force of water and soil pressure. Obviously, the high strength and durability of this material makes it an excellent choice for this purpose.
- Parking Garages: As you could probably guess from the first photo, we construct parking garages with structural concrete, as well. With the need to support numerous vehicles at one time, it provides needed long-term durability.
This essential building material provides stability and support to a wide range of construction projects. Its strength, durability, and versatility make it an ideal choice for structures that need to support heavy loads and withstand harsh environmental conditions.
As your Kansas City concrete professionals, be sure to contact us for your next project!