As a general contractor, we like our clients to understand our role in a construction project. Below we’ll explain what a general contractor does before, during, and after a construction project, so you can understand the value we bring to the table.
One of the most important roles we have as a general contractor is to plan and prepare for a construction project. This includes several important tasks:
- Creating a project plan: We work directly with our clients to create a project plan with an accurate scope, timeline, and budget.
- Obtaining permits: All construction projects include certain permits. We work closely with local government agencies to secure the correct ones.
- Finding subcontractors: Specific parts of each project require subcontractors, such as plumbing or electrical work. We find and hire them.
- Ordering materials: We also order and manage the delivery of all necessary materials.
- Ensuring safety: Lastly, we develop and implement safety protocols to protect workers and site visitors during the construction process.
Once your project is underway, general contractors take on the role of project manager, which includes the following responsibilities:
- Coordinating subcontractors: Not only do we ensure all subcontractors are working efficiently and effectively, but we also make sure they follow the project plan.
- Managing the budget: We manage the project’s budget, making sure costs are kept within the allotted amount.
- Ensuring quality control: In order to make sure all work meets our high standards, we perform regular quality control checks.
- Addressing issues: We also address any issues that come during the construction process, such as unexpected delays or changes in the scope of the project.
- Communicating with the client: Most importantly, we keep our clients in the loop at all times regarding the progress of the project. This communication includes addressing any questions or concerns they may have.
Once your project is complete, a general contractor takes on several important tasks:
- Final inspections: Our final inspections guarantee all work has been completed according to the project plan.
- Cleaning up: Before we leave, we see to it that the construction site is thoroughly cleaned up and all debris is removed.
- Final walkthrough: We take the time to perform a final walkthrough with our clients so we know they are happy with the work.
- Warranty: Our clients have peace of mind knowing that we stand behind our workmanship with our warranty.
- Final payment: Lastly, once the project is complete and the client is happy with the finished product, we collect final payment.
The Value of a General Contractor
General contractors play a critical role in construction projects. We are responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing all aspects of the project, from start to finish. We also ensure that projects are completed efficiently, on time, and within budget.
When you hire Single Source Systems as a general contractor, you can focus on other important things knowing your project is in good hands. We take care of all the details, so our clients don’t have to worry about them.
If you’re considering a construction project, we encourage you to reach out to us to discuss how we can help. We’ll work with you to create a project plan that meets your needs and fits within your budget. We’ll take care of all the details, so you can focus on other important aspects of your life or business. Contact us today to learn more!
As your Kansas City general contractor professional, be sure to contact us for your next project! Click below to get a quote!